Here is a mini update as to what is going on right now. I have a bunch of small to do’s and then I have those basic to do’s that never seem to go away. Like, do the dishes, swiffer the apartment, clean the bathroom, etc etc. I think once things start finding their place, it’ll be easier to get into routine of just basic clean up. But for now it’s all a pain!
I do however love seeing progress! The kitchen table is less crowded, the coffee table is ALMOST clear and most of my clothes have a home.
I did buy a hanging shelf for my entrance way close to hold my dresses, but once I finished putting everything in it buckled and bent the top board. I’m not loving it so much. So for now, that is a temporary solution that will need to be addressed in the solution.
I’ve decided to hold off on some key items until after I decide to move or not. My lease ends at the end of November and if I am going to move, I’d rather just buy “new” stuff for when I get to the next place. I’m trying to make use of what I already have. This way when moving time does come, I may have less stuff to worry about!
Unfortunately, I dont’ think my dresser will survive a move so I know that is once piece that will have to go. 😦
Here are some pictures of each
room area as it is now:
If you’ve seen the original videos than you’ll notice I’ve changed a good amount of stuff around. I’ll break it down section by section another day. For now, here is an updated list.
- Wipe door
- Fix peep hole
- Hang up art on wall across from the closet
- Clear out shoes/bags/boxes
Clean entrance floor matt
Go through dresses/coats/skirts (donate items I don’t wear) Purchase hanging shelf to save closet space Remove boxes from the shelves above
- Organize boxes and items in boxes (throw out unnecessary items)
- Purchase bins for the the towels in the linen closet
- Purchase bed linens storage (must find options)
- Buy a lamp shade
- Paint desk lamp
- Purchase a frame for the bed
- Purchase new pillows
Dining Table/Computer Desk
- Sell computer desk by September. — still trying to sell!
- If the desk doesn’t sell, I will take apart the dining table and store against the wall in the kitchen.
- I’ll remove the hutch from the desk and convert the desk into a dining table.
- Paint top of the desk if it becomes a dining table.
- I have a bunch of tools all over the desk – buy toolbox
- I want to clear off the top of this once and for all.
- Decide if I want to paint it or not.
- Make sure I’m using the space inside efficiently!
Side Wall (where the dresser current lives)
- Once the Desk moves –
the dresser will move to that spot Clear off dresser top and organize all make up
- Install shelf to hold items
- Find new dresser to hold clothes
- Purchase a coat rack to go where the dresser currently is
- Hang up art work (have to figure out what is going to go here)
- Hang up Key Hanger (have to find one first)
- Find crates to hang above the toilet to store items
- Organize under the sink
Get rid of bookshelf.
- Find a new storage solution w/ Doors to store canned goods, recipe books, and clear counter tops.
Hang up art work.I did this but then the frame fell and broke as I had placed it but not officially hung it. *sigh* — gotta start all over.
- Organize cabinets better.
- Re-use empty wine bottles (lots of DIY potential)
There are a bunch of small item things I need to do, but I’m not sure where they will live once I’m done. As with everything in life, it’s a work in progress.