I’ve been really busy since I posted about how messy my apartment was.
It was great because I had PK watch the video and my two favorite quotes are: “Wow you’re place is a mess” and “You’re going to post an update soon, right?”
I found it endearing and sweet hahaha.
Anyhow, I’ve made lots of progress but there is still so much to do. One thing I realized is that most people have a room to “hide” things that still need work or need their attention. Living in a studio apartment, I don’t have that luxury. So if items are pending, they are in full view until dealt with! Realizing this was definitely a hard pill to swallow.
Here are some video updates of how things look after my initial run through:
You’ll notice some things seem cleaner, while others seem messier. I’ve gotten rid of a few boxes by consolidating items. I’ve also thrown out a lot of papers and just random stuff I seem to be collecting. I’ve organized 3/4’s of one of my closets. The other closet still needs a lot of work but I have items coming in from Amazon to help me get started.
I still have “piles” of stuff to deal with it. But now they are a bit more organized. Some require me to call and close up pending items, others require purchases to help me organize/store them better.
It’s definitely a work in progress.
To help me (and you) keep track of what’s going on. I’ve made a list of all the things I would like to address based on “sections” of the apartment.
- Wipe door
- Fix peep hole
- Hang up art on wall across from the closet
- Clear out shoes/bags/boxes
- Clean entrance floor matt
- Go through dresses/coats/skirts (donate items I don’t wear)
- Purchase hanging shelf to save closet space
- Remove boxes from the shelves above
- Organize boxes and items in boxes (throw out unnecessary items)
- Buy a lamp shade
- Purchase a frame for the bed
- Purchase new pillows
Dining Table/Computer Desk
- Sell computer desk by September.
- If the desk doesn’t sell, I will take apart the dining table and store against the wall in the kitchen.
- I’ll remove the hutch from the desk and convert the desk into a dining table.
- Paint top of the desk if it becomes a dining table.
- I want to clear off the top of this once and for all.
- Decide if I want to paint it or not.
Side Wall (where the dresser current lives)
- Once the Desk moves – the dresser will move to that spot
- Clear off dresser top and organize all make up
- Install shelf to hold items
- Find new dresser to hold clothes
- Purchase a coat rack to go where the dresser currently is
- Hang up art work
- Hang up Key Hanger
- Find crates to hang above the toilet to store items
- Get rid of bookshelf.
- Find a new storage solution w/ Doors to store canned goods, recipe books, and clear counter tops.
- Hang up art work.
- Organize cabinets better.
- Re-use empty wine bottles (lots of DIY potential)
There are a bunch of small item things I need to do, but I’m not sure where they will live once I’m done. As with everything in life, it’s a work in progress.