So Thursay was a TEDx Potomac day.
Freaking amazing day. I’m so lucky to work at Design Symphony! The opportunities I have received and the people I have met – absolutely incredible.
People at the event (in no particular order):
- Chris Keener
- Melissa Krodman
Lush Language – Session 1
- Chris Anderson
- Bob Corrigan – Name is nothing with out context, check out his project and contribute!
- Berit Oskey (woot!) – Making it possible for entrepreneurs to reach their dreams.
- Josh Sundquist – an amazing motivational speaker. “1 More Thing, 1 More Time”
- Rives (video)
- R Street Collective – giving children voice.
Undaunted Esteem – Session 2
- Craig Newmark – founder of Craigs List (got me through college!)
- Roshini Thinakaran – “Focuses on the political, social, and economic challenges faced by women in conflict zones.”
- Frances Moore Lappe – “Living Democracy”
- Gever Tulley (video)
- William Kamkwamba (video) – One mans refusal to remain poor.
- Laura Zam – Uses creative arts and humor to talk about difficult topics.
Urban Alchemy – Session 3
- Yoko K – Organic Electronica – her music has purpose and a unique sound.
- Neil Takemoto – “Crowdsourcing cool places for creatives.”
- Dr. Shannon Hader – Fighting myths against AIDS and building awareness.
- Bjarke Ingals (video) – has amazing architecture/urban development ideas.
- Warren Brown – Lawyer turned baker is happier then ever.
Indispensable I/O – Sesson 4
- Dr. Gary Wynn – Doing amazing work in the world of neuroscience.
- Colin Beavan – The real way to “Go Green” and why is important.
- Steve Moore – has great insight to architecture and what drives people to spend time in some areas.
- Pilobolus (video) –
- Alexandra Cousteau – advocate on water quality and policy. What are our responsibilities?
- Patrick Smith
So many Affinity Lab members there – it was a great experience to share with them!