Who came up with this crap? Seriously?
I can’t believe people send the SAME cover letter and resume to EVERY position they apply for.
- Find jobs I’m interested and leave them open in tabs.
- Do something that is a bit slackerish.
- Research the companies to find out what they are about.
- Write up a rough cover letter for each position.
- Engage in some sort of socializing (phone, facebook, instant messaging)
- Review letters and make edits.
- Create “drafts” in my yahoo account.
- Do whatever I want.
- Go to bed.
- Wake up in the AM (before 9am) and send out all the e-mails before my run.
People thought I was nuts but there was no way I could just apply to those jobs with out putting some thought into it. Anyhow, we’ll see what happens. I’ve had a few jobs contact me – but I’m a bit skeptical. Just wait it out some.
(London plans fell through, moving out of Atlanta is more of a priority.)